Navitrans strives to provide the best agency service to its principals worldwide. We continuously monitor all aspects and operations of a vessel’s call in port in an effort to protect the interests of the party who appointed us.
The shipping industry is constantly changing and presenting us with new challenges which we undertake with great care and confidence. Each principal’s unique needs are dealt with due diligence, quality service, and helpful support saving time and money.
Our agency is capable of handling the loading and / or discharging of the following cargoes:
- Grain Cargoes (Wheat, Peas, Canola, Lentils, Soyabeans)
- General Cargo / Steel Products
- Various Fertilizers
- Mineral / Ore
- Ro / Ro
- Project Cargo
For more info on the above cargoes and others please contact us.
Vessel Agency Service
As the vessel’s consigned agent when working on behalf of charterers or owners we carefully look after the following items:
- Pre-arrival formalities and reporting
- Vessel’s stow plan for optimum loading
- Port Clearance and vessel documentation
- The loading or discharging operations
- Vessel movement and supervision
- Monitor and control expenses
- Coordination and communication between all parties concerned
- Preparation and collection of all loading documents and certificates
- Settlement of disbursement for services rendered
Protective Agency Services
Finally we also offer ship owners and managers superb protecting or supervisory agency service second to none. We can assist with all the below items and provide the service at a very reasonable cost:
- Supervise and assist with the Vessel Operations
- Help the master with various situations which can arise
- Offer our expertise on different cargoes and circumstances
- Communicate with local authorities on vessel’s / owner’s behalf
- Organizing Ship Repairs & Dry-docking
- Arrange Surveys (Class, Underwater, Insurance, Protection & Indemnity etc.)
- Monitor and control port expenses
- Assist with crew changes, transportation, medical attendance and travel
- Execution of third party deliveries (Paints, chemicals, lubes…)
- Cash remittance
- Fresh water Supply at anchor and alongside
- Ship spares delivery
Our agency service expands beyond the ability of handling cargo operations.
Over the years we have dealt with many difficult situations which required unique attention to resolve. We have become very proficient when dealing with local authorities and PNI clubs for the below mentioned challenging circumstances:
- Vessel Grounding
- Collisions with terminal docks and other vessels
- Oil Spills
- Salvage operations
- Dry Docking
- Stevedore damage and claims
- Hold Cleaning
- Conflict with longshoremen
Assistance With Vessel Hold Preparation
The cleanliness of a vessel’s holds or tanks is of the upmost importance when loading sensitive cargoes that require to be cleaned to high standards in order to pass. Over the years, Navitrans Shipping Agencies West Inc. has bonded and created outstanding relationships with inspectors from all sectors. During a hold inspection, whether it’s for Sulphur, Potash or grain, we will follow the inspectors into the holds and assist them as well as coordinate the crew to expedite the work that needs to be done quickly and safely. A great majority of the vessels we handle pass inspections on arrival thanks to our perseverance, preparation and cooperation from the vessel side.
Navitrans West will stop at nothing when it comes to protecting our clients interest, even if it means grabbing our scrappers and assisting the crew ourselves.
With dificult previous cargoes such as Cement residues, oily stains or grain stuck in the higher portions of the holds, we must sometimes think outside of the box and come up with ideas or solutions to clean the holds in an attempt to avoid loss of time and expenses for owners/time charterers.
The way the market currently stands, Navitrans is always vigilant and exploring every option to help our clients. We want everyone to experience the ports we handle in a positive way and always have a positive outlook when calling to Canada.